Operational Changes for COVID-19
As an essential service we will continue to supply animal feed throughout the lockdown period. But we need you help us, so that we can help you.
Health and safety is our top priority during this time, as we need to limit the potential exposure risks for our team and the community as a whole. Our operations will have to slightly change to do so.
From Thursday 18th May, our new hours are 7:30am - 4:30pm Monday to Friday. We are no longer open on weekends.
Click and Collect
You've all been loving our new Click and Collect service throughout the lockdown period, so this is something that we will continue to offer. We're updating our website at the moment to make this even easier, so keep your eyes peeled for the exciting updates.
Our Golden Rules for Level 2
- If you have a cold, or flu-like symptoms, please stay away from The Straw Warehouse. We recommend that you stay home and isolate until you are well again.
- We will require all customers and staff to maintain at least 1m distance from each other during any interaction.
- Contact tracing is important and we need you to record that you have been at The Straw Warehouse, please. You can do so by:
- holding your phone camera over the barcode in-store and then filling in the detail when prompted, or,
- completing the paper forms that we have supplied in-store.
- Please use the hand sanitiser provided before and after using the Eftpos terminal. Paywave is provided and we would prefer card payments if possible.
- Stay safe, and remember that we're all in this together.
Due to unprecedented demand, we've also have to place limits on some products, to help ensure that everyone is able to get the things they need. Just like the supermarkets, our supply chain is strong, but we do need you to avoid stockpiling. There will be plenty to go around. Please think of the animals at this time, we don't want any to go hungry.
Keeping clean and stopping the spread
We're making sure that any surfaces are thoroughly cleaned each day and limiting contact as much as possible. But you can never be too careful. If you have some, we encourage you to please bring and use your own sanitiser. We also request that you please DO NOT come to collect your orders if you are feeling unwell or have been in contact with someone who is unwell.
From our family to yours
This community is close to our hearts and we're absolutely committed to stopping the spread and keeping our community safe. We'll be able to get back to normality soon enough, but in the meantime, please stay safe and look out for each other.
- Neville, Sandy, BJ, Paula, Stu, Shaunie the cat (of course) and the team at The Straw Warehouse.